WORLD JOURNAL OF ADVANCE
HEALTHCARE RESEARCH

( An ISO 9001:2015 Certified International Journal )

An International Peer Review Journal for Medical Science and Pharma Professionals
World Journal of Advance Healthcare Research (WJAHR) has indexed with various reputed international bodies like : Google Scholar , Index Copernicus , SOCOLAR, China , Research Bible, Fuchu, Tokyo. JAPAN , Cosmos Impact Factor , Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) , UDLedge Science Citation Index , International Impact Factor Services , International Society for Research Activity (ISRA) Journal Impact Factor (JIF) , IFSIJ Measure of Journal Quality , Scientific Journal Impact Factor (SJIF) , International Scientific Indexing, UAE (ISI) (Under Process) , International Impact Factor Services (IIFS) , Web of Science Group (Under Process) , Directory of Research Journals Indexing , Scholar Article Journal Index (SAJI) , International Scientific Indexing ( ISI ) , 

ISSN 2457-0400

Impact Factor  :  5.464

News & Updation

  • Article Invited for Publication

    Dear Researcher, Article Invited for Publication  in WJAHR coming Issue.

  • Journal web site support Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Saffari for easy download of article without any trouble.

    .

  • 6th International Conference on Human and Soci

    Venue:FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja- Nigeria                                        September 22-24, 2019

  • WJAHR New Impact Factor

    Its our Pleasure to Inform you that WJAHR Impact Factor has been increased from  4.897 to 5.464 due to high quality Publication at International Level

  • .

    6th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY AND CURRICULUM STUDIES(ICETC2019) 

     

    Venue: FCT Education Resource Center, Abuja-Nigeria

    September 22-24, 2019

  • WJAHR: MARCH ISSUE PUBLISHED

    MARCH 2023 Issue has been successfully launched on 1 March 2023.

  • New Issue Published

    Its Our pleasure to inform you that, WJAHR March 2023 Issue has been Published, Kindly check it on https://www.wjahr.com/home/current_issues

Best Paper Awards

World Journal of Advance Healthcare Research (WJAHR)Honored the authors with best paper award, monthly based on the innovation of research work. Best paper will be selected by our expert panel.

Best Article of current issue

Download Article : Click here

Indexing

Abstract

BLOODY DIARRHEA AMONG UNDER FIVE YEAR’S CHILDREN

Abdullah Edan Abdullah, Abdulazzez Zobaa Mansour and Muayad Fathi Mahmood

ABSTRACT

Background: Dysentery is defined as the presence of fecal blood and mucus, associated with frequent, small loose bowel movements, fever is often present. It results from microbial invasion of colonic mucosa, with mucosal and sub-mucosal inflammation and destruction. Shigellosis is a classic cause of acute dysentery. It has a more harmful effect on nutritional status than acute watery diarrhea. Aim of the study: To find out the effect of sociodemographic characteristics parents on bloody diarrhea, most common causative agents in children, the association of breast and bottle feeding and their relation to bloody diarrhea. Patients and Methods: Case-control study including 164 children with bloody diarrhea and 100 children with watery diarrhea (as controls) under 5 years were studied prospectively in ALkhansaa Teaching Hospital and Ibn-Sena Teaching Hospital in Mosul from first of February to the 31 of December 2012. Results: Entamoeba histolytica was the more common isolated pathogen. It was identified in 63(38.4%) followed by shigella 11(6.7%) then the least was salmonella 6(3.65%) among cases. Infant age was 0-12 month which was the most vulnerable age group (42.6%), males were more affected than females (1.6:1). Urban area found in (58.5%), bottle feeding in (35.4%), while breast feeding is (12.2%), most of them had tap water supply (82.9%), while the other is (17.1%), but (79.3%) not boiling the drinking water. The growth percentage of patients below 5th centile is (60.9%). No dehydration which is more common (46.3%). Illiterate parents were more common (73.2%). Frequent bowel motion of more than 10 time /day was reported in (40.2%) of cases. leukocytosis was found in (40.0%) of cases, while in amebic bloody diarrhea was (2.6%). Conclusions: The study concludes that the infants 0-12 months old are the main affected group mostly males. Entamoeba histolytica remains the most frequent pathogen. Bottle feeding and non-boiling of water enhance bloody diarrhea while high educational status decreasing the infection.

[Full Text Article]